Forres Area Community Trust (FACT) is a development trust with long term plans to make the Forres area a better place to live, work and visit. FACT was formed in 2011 to benefit the community of the Forres Academy catchment area and is led and managed by local people.
By working in partnership and developing projects, FACT aims to:
- Address local social and economic issues
- Generate income to sustain the trust and invest in the community
- Secure funding for projects that meet local needs
- Support other local groups with their plans
With the objectives to advance:
- Citizenship and community development
- Protection of the local environment, culture and heritage
- Eduction and lifelong learning for the benefit of the general public
FACT is one of more than 250 development trusts in Scotland all set up by communities to tackle local issues and make improvements that local people want. For more information on development trusts visit Development Trusts Association of Scotland.