- Job Title: Activities Assistant
- Employer: Forres Area Community Trust
- Pay Scale: £9,984 plus pension
- Hours of Work: 16 hours per week
- Responsible to: Facilities Co-ordinator
- Contract Length: until 30th September 2022 – extension subject to funding.
Project Description and Aim
Forres Area Community Trust (FACT) has secured funding through the Beatrice Fund, Peoples Postcode Lottery Fund and the Strengthening Communities Recovery Fund to provide activities and resources to address social isolation and increase connectivity (both digitally and socially) across the Forres area
The project contributes to the following outcomes:
- To improve the quality of life and resilience of the community
- To improve the skills of volunteers through training and engagement
- That people in the Forres area are less isolated and make connections
FACT will manage a programme to provide activities, responsive digital help and services to the Forres community. The programme includes free drop-in sessions, outreach sessions, evening classes, talks and community events and activities.
- Excellent IT skills (including proficiency with Windows, Mac, Android and iOS)
- Excellent communication skills and an approachable manner
- An organised approach to work and excellent time management skills
- Experience of working with and supporting people
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Cooperative attitude
- Experience of working with volunteers
- Ability to undertake marketing and promotion of the project
- Familiarity with 3rd sector organisations
- Knowledge of local Forres community and organisations in the area
- The ability to travel to various locations in our catchment area
- An understanding of event management
- Supporting the Project Coordinators to deliver key project objectives
- Supporting the development and delivery of activities and events
- Supporting the marketing of the programme through social media and printed matter
- Maintaining records of attendance and recording other key information as required
- Updating and maintaining project equipment
- Attending outreach sessions to deliver activities in the Forres area
- Attending evening programme sessions when necessary
- Supporting volunteers to learn new skills
- Undertake reception duties in Forres Town Hall
- And any other relevant duties that may arise as the work of the project evolves
This job description reflects the major tasks to be carried out by the post holder and identifies the level of responsibility at which they will be required to work. In the interests of effective working, the major tasks may be reviewed from time to time to reflect changing project needs and circumstances. Such reviews and any consequential changes will be carried out in consultation with the post holder.
For more information please contact on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01309 674 388.
- Closing Date Wednesday 13th October 2021 at 12 noon.
- Interviews on the 18th October 2021