How we are funded
FACT has to find every penny needed to provide its projects and services every single year. There is no endowment and no major benefactor. We need to raise around £¼ million each year to be able to deliver our services and projects, pay our staff and basic bills.
However we are an enterprising team and we work hard to raise funds from numerous sources.
- 80% of our income comes from Highlands and Islands Enterprise, grant making trusts and National Lottery sources
- 20% of our income comes from Town Hall hire, sales, event ticketing, donations and earned income from our consultancy services.
We try to keep our income streams as diverse as possible so that we are not solely dependent on one or two sources. We work very hard to maximise our income from donors and customers as the more we can raise, the more we can spend to make the Forres area a better place.
If you would like to help us keep Forres great and play your part in something special, then please make a donation to our work.
We are very grateful to our current and past supporters, and for the funding they provide for our area:
- Highlands and Islands Enterprise
- National Lottery Community Fund
- Auchernack Trust
- Baillie Gifford Fund Foundation Scotland
- Bank of Scotland Foundation
- Beatrice Fund
- Berry Burn Community Fund
- Co-op Community Fund
- Corra Foundation
- COVID-19 Neighbourhood Groups
- Development Trust Association Scotland (DTAS)
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Foundation Scotland
- Heritage Trust Network
- Impact Funding Partners
- Moray Council
- The Osprey Trust
- SSE Beatrice Fund
- Scottish Landfill Community Fund
- SCVO Digital Charter Fund
- SCVO Wellbeing Fund
- Supporting Communities Fund
- The Stafford Trust
- William Grant Fund
If you would like to see our finances in more detail, then copies of our annual statements of accounts are available in our Information Publication Scheme.